And it's exactly this disparity which Wales' fourth annual Gypsy, Roma and Traveller History Month intends to address by challenging the existing stereotypes and inviting the public to indulge in the culture and share in the activities of an age-old rich cultural heritage that landed here from Europe several centuries ago.
What does GRT stand for?
GRT stands for Gypsy, Roma and Traveller
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GRT
We have 92 other meanings of GRT in our Acronym Attic
- Gross Register Tonnage (cargo measurement; shipping)
- Gross Registered Tonnage/Tons
- Gross Requirement Tape
- Ground Radio Transmitter
- Ground Readiness Test
- Ground Receive Terminal
- Ground Resonance Testing
- Group Randomized Trial (clinical trial)
- Group Rapid Transit
- Gruppo per le Relazioni Transculturali
- Gas Rapid Thermal Anneal (heating method)
- General Refinery Turn Around (oil & gas industry)
- Georgia Regional Transportation Authority
- Grand Rapids Transit Authority
- Greenwich Riding and Trails Association (Greenwich, CT)
- Gruppo Ricerca Tecnologie Appropriate (Italian: Appropriate Technology Research Group; Cesena, Italy)
- Global Retail Theft Barometer (Centre for Retail Research survey; Nottingham, England, UK)
- Greyhounds Reach the Beach
- Ground Return Transfer Breaker (electrical energy)
- Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Birmingham City Council-funded scheme helps members of the gypsy, Roma and traveller communities find new homes and gives them advice on services such as health and social care providers, education, employment and welfare.
MORE than 500 people joined in with cultural celebrations in Cardiff Bay yesterday as part of Gypsy, Roma and Traveller History Month.
Starting today in Llanelli, the idea behind it is to challenge both the racism that the Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities experience and their own, internalised, racism.
The free event which is part of Gypsy, Roma and Traveller History Month, will feature a youth talent show, music and performances, cultural exhibitions, a kids creativity corner and "dukkering" - the gypsy art of fortunetelling.