They were attacked by police officers while being held in connection with a blaze that destroyed a health ministry building on July 17, the Guyana Human Rights Association said.
What does GHRA stand for?
GHRA stands for Guyana Human Rights Association (Georgetown, Guyana)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GHRA
We have 2 other meanings of GHRA in our Acronym Attic
- Growth Hormone Receptor
- Growth Hormone Releaser
- Growth Hormone Replacement
- Guaranteed Home Rating
- Galleria Hormone Receptor 3
- Glacial Habitat Restoration Area (Wisconsin)
- Gordon Head Residents' Association (Canada)
- Greater Houston Restaurant Association (Houston, TX)
- Guam Hotel Restaurant Association
- Guelph Historical Railway Association (est. 1991; Ontario, Canada)
- Georgia Historical Records Advisory Board
- Greater Hampton Roads Black Chamber of Commerce (Virginia)
- Galloway-Hammond Recreation Center (Burnet, TX)
- Geelong Historical Records Centre (Australia; archive and resource center; est. 1979)
- Ghana Human Rights Coalition
- Global Health Research Collaborative (Wayne State University; Detroit, MI)
- Global Hospital and Research Center (Rajasthan, India)
- Global Hydrology Resource Center (NASA)
- Guatemala Human Rights Commission (Washington, DC)
- G.H. Raisoni College of Engineering (India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Resistance to Small-Scale Gold Mining Aside from some concern from various international organizations such as Conservation International, the World Wildlife Fund, and the Iwokrama International Centre for Rain Forest Conservation and Development, opposition to small-scale gold mining and environmental degradation comes mainly from Guyana Human Rights Association, the Amerindians, and the local newspapers.
The Guyana Human Rights Association (GHRA) issued a statement on October 10, 1995, questioning the impartiality of some commission members.