The OAS had been engaged in the pre-electoral process since early May, meeting with a broad spectrum of stakeholders in the process--from the main parties to the smaller political parties, civil society, religious organizations, the media, the Private Sector Commission, and the Guyana Elections Commission (GECOM).
What does GECOM stand for?
GECOM stands for Guyana Elections Commission (Guyana)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GECOM
- General Counsel and Legal Services Department (African Development Bank)
- Geylang East Community Library (Singapore)
- Gas Engine Control Module (Caterpillar, Inc.)
- Geriatric Education Center of Michigan (East Lansing, MI)
- Gilbert-Elliott Channel Model
- GEC Avionics Night Vision Goggles and Helmet-Mounted Display
- Groupe d'Étude en Chirurgie Osseuse
- Gustave Genschow Co. (German cartridge headstamp)
- General Electric Company of Libya
- Greensburg Equipment and Components Manufacturing (Greensburg, IN)
- Graduating Engineers Conference
- Grid Economics and Business Models (workshop)
- General Electric Computer Operating System
- General Electric Company
- Global Environmental Change Program
- Good Engineering and Construction Practice
- Guest Engagement and Communication Platform (hotels)
- Galkayo Education Centre for Peace and Development (Somalia)
- General Education Core Requirement (Eastern Washington University; Cheney, WA)
- Global Environment Change Research
Samples in periodicals archive:
The incumbent People's Progressive Party/Civic (PPP/Civic) was officially declared the winner by the Guyana Elections Commission and given a mandate to govern the country for the next five years.