Byline: AMARDEEP BASSEY A CONTROVERSIAL gunshot detection system to combat inner city gang warfare has failed to detect four confirmed shootings in the past year, West Midlands Police chiefs have admitted.
What does GDS stand for?
GDS stands for Gunshot Detection System (Proxity)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of GDS
We have 231 other meanings of GDS in our Acronym Attic
- Gridlock Data System
- Gross Debt Service (ratio)
- Ground Data System
- Grounded Dielectric Slab
- Group Desk Suite (Canada Post)
- Grumman Data Services
- Grupa Doradztwa Strategicznego
- Guards (in titles of British, Russian and other military organisations)
- Gun Display/Direction System
- Gunfire Detection System (US Army)
- Gridlock Data System Automatic Correlation
- General Dynamics Systems Australia (Canberra, New South Wales, Australia)
- Gippsland Deer Stalkers Association (Morwell, Victoria, Australia)
- Global Decision Support Architecture (computing)
- Global Directory System Agent
- Government Dental Surgeons' Association (Sri Lanka)
- Graphic Design Student Association (various universities)
- Groupement de Défense Sanitaire des Abeilles (French beekeeping association)
- General Dynamics Santa Barbara Sistemas (defense supplier)
- Generalized Diversity Selection Combining
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Ilsa can accept other types of digital and analog sensors like existing sights, remote weapon stations, or acoustic gunshot detection systems, although the company has not yet been asked to integrate the latter systems.
Army forces in Afghanistan began receiving the first of more than 13,000 gunshot detection systems for the individual dismounted Soldier in March, service officials said.
A gunshot detection system fitted to a machine gun to locate snipers and fire at them without troops breaking cover also proved a hit.
Random Gunfire Problems and Gunshot Detection Systems summarizes the findings from field studies of two gunshot detection systems, which police installed in a Dallas, Texas, neighborhood with high levels of random gunfire.
This Vab armoured personnel carrier has been outfitted with a OldB-Metravib Pilarw gunshot detection system by Renault Trucks for the French Army.
And a new gunshot detection system linked to an automatic gun turret means snipers can be located immediately, and troops kept safe - without having to break cover.