Javorsky's (who has applied for a patent), M24E1 machine gun mount for the new M240H machine gun, features a swinging arm to allow easier passage through the CH-47's openings, holds 400 rounds of ammunition and collects spent links and cases; replacing the M24 armament sub system in use since the 1960s to hold the M60 machine gun.
What does GM stand for?
GM stands for Gun Mount
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of GM
We have 84 other meanings of GM in our Acronym Attic
- Group Message
- Group Metric
- Group Modem
- Growth Medium
- Growth Monitoring
- Grupos de Métodos (Spanish: group of methods)
- Guard Mail
- Guidance Manager
- Guided Missile
- Guild Master
- Gunner's Mate (US Navy and US Coast Guard rating)
- Guru Meditation (Amiga OS error)
- Metacentric Height
- Republic of Gambia
- Silty Gravels (soil type)
- Gulf Mobile & Ohio (Railroad)
- Granulocyte Macrophage Colony-Forming Unit
- Anti-Granulocyte-Monocyte Colony-Stimulating Factor (pharmacology)
- Granulocyte Macrophage Colony Stimulating Factor
Samples in periodicals archive:
Nexter and the French Navy are in the final stages of negotiations regarding the purchase by the latter of Narwhal gun mounts for its Fremm frigates.
I know I'm often too fast with my gun mount and swing.
This specially designed gun mounts directly to the 2-liter cleaner concentrate.
Two examples of how castings improved this system are the load arm and the gun mount cradle.
In the heat of the South Pacific, Gross shortened his cot, and squeezed it under the ship's stern gun mount in order to sleep in comfort.