Gulf Bridge International (GBI) has launched the first ever terrestrial fibre-optic link which connects the Gulf region to Europe, and features robust diverse routes through Iraq and Turkey.
What does GBI stand for?
GBI stands for Gulf Bridge International (Doha, Qatar)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of GBI
We have 73 other meanings of GBI in our Acronym Attic
- Grassroots Business Initiative (International Finance Corporation)
- Grave Bodily Injury (law)
- Great Bodily Injury (legal)
- Great Britain and Ireland (1801-1921)
- Green Bank Interferometer
- Green Building Initiative
- Ground Based Interceptor
- Groupe Beauséjour Immobilier (French real estate company)
- Guérison des Blessures Intérieures (French: Inner Wound Healing)
- Guilty but Insane (law)
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport
- Glen Burnie Improvement Association (Glen Burnie, MD)
- Global Broadband Internet Access (wireless Internet network)
- Global Bus I Architecture (computing)
- Greater Baldwinsville Ice Arena (New York)
- Giga-Bit Interface Converter
- Gigabit Ethernet Interface Card
- Gigabit Interface Connector
- Girls Brigade International Council (Glasgow, Scotland, UK)
- Greater Burlington Industrial Corporation (Vermont)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Gulf Bridge International (GBI), the Middle East's first privately-owned submarine cable operator, has announced a network expansion that will include the first ever terrestrial fiber optic link connecting all the countries of the Gulf region to Europe.
Gulf Bridge International (GBI) is set to expand its fibre optic cable network with the first ever Gulf-Europe terrestrial link.
MUSCAT: Gulf Bridge International (GBI), the Middle East's first privately owned submarine cable operator, and TE SubCom, a TE Connectivity company and an industry pioneer in undersea communications technology, yesterday announced the completion of works of the GBI cable system segments within the Gulf, the Gulf to India, the Gulf to Egypt, across Egypt and across the Mediterranean to Italy.
Gulf Bridge International (GBI), the Middle East's first privately owned submarine cable operator, and Tinet, a global carrier exclusively committed to the IP and Ethernet wholesale markets, are pleased to announce the companies have entered into a partnership agreement that will extend Tinet's international connectivity into the ME region and allow GBI to offer more services throughout Europe.
Gulf Bridge International has partnered with Batelco, Tata and the BIX to bring new cables ashore by the end of 2011.
Gulf Bridge International (GBI), the Middle East's first privately owned submarine cable operator, and Qtel, one of the region's leading telecommunications companies, have concluded an agreement that will see Qtel provide a landing station for GBI's cable in Qatar.
CHENNAI, India, May 24, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Sify Technologies Limited (Nasdaq NM: SIFY), a leader in Enterprise and Consumer Internet Services in India with global delivery capabilities, and Gulf Bridge International (GBI), Qatar, today signed an agreement to land GBI's sub-sea cable system in India.