The final element of the artillery modernisation project will be the introduction of the BAE Systems Bofors Excalibur guided projectile.
What does GP(SAL&IR) stand for?
GP(SAL&IR) stands for Guided Projectile (Semi-Active Laser and Infrared)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Poorly Graded Gravels
- General Purpose Bomb (weapon)
- Group Captain
- General Purpose Conferencing Subsystem
- Group Flashing (navigation)
- General-Purpose MIMD Machines
- General-Purpose MIMD Machines II
- Group Occulting (navigation)
- Gross Profit Percentage
- Global Positioning and Communications
- Gravity Probe - B (experiment)
- Guinea Pig Myelin Basic Protein
- Poorly Graded Gravel With Silty Fines
- Gel Permeation-High Performance Liquid Chromatography
- Survival, General Purpose, Improved (combat ration)
- Gaussian Process-Latent Variable Model (probability)
- General Primer Polymerase Chain Reaction
- Globus Pallidus and Substantia Innominata Area
- Global Positioning System/Inertial Navigation System
- Genetic Programming 1
Samples in periodicals archive:
These trends can only benefit the development of an affordable, hypersonic, guided projectile for railguns.
Meanwhile, ATK is developing for 54-calibre weapons the Extended Range Munition (ERM), a guided projectile with aero-dynamic surfaces and which may also be used in 62-calibre mountings.
In addition, this effort will explore the feasibility of applying guided projectile technologies to the long-range delivery and deployment of nonlethal weapons.
This Long-Range Land Attack Projectile contract marked Lockheed Martin's return to the guided projectile market, having produced almost 28,000 laser-homing Copperhead 155 mm rounds for the US Army in the 1980s.