Bashir Gemayel founded the Lebanese Forces during the civil war and was comprised of disparate groups such as the Phalangists, the National Liberal Party, Al-Tanzeem Party and the Guardians of the Cedars, which played roles in the war that came to a halt in 1990 after Lebanese parliamentarians met in Taif in Saudi Arabia in 1989 and agreed to cease fire.
What does GOC stand for?
GOC stands for Guardians of the Cedars (Lebanon)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GOC
We have 91 other meanings of GOC in our Acronym Attic
- Grace on Campus (USC bible study)
- Greek Orthodox Church
- Greek Orthodox Community (various locations)
- Grouchy Old Cripple (conservative blog)
- Ground Observer Corps (WWII)
- Ground Operations Center (Mobile Servicing System)
- Ground Operations Coordinator
- Group Operating Committee
- Group Operations Center
- Groups of Countries (ITU-T)
- Guardians of the Children
- Guidance on Certification (various companies)
- Gunnery Officer's Console
- Gwinnett Online Campus (Lawrenceville, GA)
- Government of Canada Electronic Key Management System
- Global Operations Center-Collaborative Environment
- Gallery of Contemporary Art
- Georgia Ovarian Cancer Alliance
- Graphics Object Content Architecture (graphics objects in IBM AFP/MO:DCA data stream)
- Greater Olney Civic Association (Maryland)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Habib Younes, a television talk show host who was a member of the Guardians of the Cedars militia during the war, proposed establishing a confidential means by which Civil War participants could provide information to the government.