The slightest tendency from a delegate to go "off message" in public is met with the long and muscular arm of "authority" in the form of stewards, some of whom would look more at home as nightclub bouncers than as guardians of order at the convention of a great national political party.
What does GOO stand for?
GOO stands for Guardians of Order
This definition appears frequently
See other definitions of GOO
We have 7 other meanings of GOO in our Acronym Attic
- Gangs of New York (movie)
- Government of New Zealand
- Gulf of Oman Naval Zone of Operation
- Gastric Outlet Obstruction
- Gemeenschappelijke Onderwerps-Ontsluiting
- Get Oil Out (California organization opposed to oil drilling in Santa Barbara Channel)
- God of Obelisk (Japanese Yu-Gi-Oh! card)
- Gold Oil PLC (stock symbol)
- Grand Ole Opry (Nashville, TN, USA)
- Great Old Ones
Samples in periodicals archive:
But the museum-class guardians of order in the history of modern art have denied most audiences any chance to test that proposition for themselves, along with a precious opportunity to rethink the foreclosed possibility of high-modernist painting as narrative of place and state of mind.