Foreign maids earn a minimum wage of HK$3,920 (US$505) a month and receive benefits such as one guaranteed day off a week but rights groups say they still face discrimination and a lack of legal protection from abusive employers.
What does GDO stand for?
GDO stands for Guaranteed Day Off
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of GDO
We have 36 other meanings of GDO in our Acronym Attic
- Golf Digest Online (Japan)
- Grande Distribuzione Organizzata (Italian: Large Retail Organization)
- Great Design Options (London, England, UK)
- Green Day Online
- Greg Denard Orchestras
- Grid Dip Oscillator
- Gross Domestic Output
- Ground Duty Officer (India)
- Group Duty Officer
- Groups.Drupal.Org (user-group electronic mailing list portal)
- Georgia Department of Audits
- Gallaudet Dynamic Online Collaboration
- Georgia Department of Corrections (Atlanta, GA)
- Global Days of Caring (Lucent Technologies)
- Georgia Department of Education
- Guam Department of Education
- Glow Discharge Optical Emission Spectrometry
- Gauteng Department of Health (South Africa)
- Get Down on It
- Global Digital Opportunity Initiative (UN)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Sunday is our one guaranteed day off every week but they want to take that from us.
If the reasoning behind this is to give jockeys, and perhaps trainers and stable staff, a guaranteed day off on the given Sundays - and we still don't know the official line on this from the BHA - would not the sensible solution be simply to have Flat racing-only on some Sundays and jumps racing-only on others?