Founded in 1984, the Grupo de Lesbianas Feministas (GALF, Lesbian Feminists Group) has a long history of activism and advocacy promoting the human rights of lesbians in Peru.
What does GALF stand for?
GALF stands for Grupo de Lesbianas Feministas (Spanish: Lesbian Feminist Group)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GALF
- Globally at Least Equivalent
- Georgia Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors
- Gay and Lesbian Elder Housing
- Generalised Architecture for Languages, Encyclopaedias, and Nomenclatures in Medicine
- Georgia Association of Latino Elected Officials
- Genetic Algorithms in Engineering Systems Innovations and Applications
- Galaxy Evolution Explorer (NASA)
- Give a Life Foundation (organ and tissue donation)
- Glycyrrhetinic Acid-Like Factor
- Groupement des Anthropologues de Langue Française (Group of French Language Anthropologists)
- Gulf Adhesive Labels Factory
- Grinnell Area Local Foods Alliance (Iowa)
- Georgia Agri-Leaders Forum Foundation
- Gay and Lesbian Foundation of Long Island (New York)
- George A. Lottier Golf Foundation (Atlanta, GA)
- Glogowska Amatorska Liga Halowa (Polish: Amateur Indoor Soccer League of Glogow)
- Green America Land Holdings, Inc. (now Green Card Capital Corp.)
- Gay and Lesbian Humanist Association
- Global American Language Institute (San Diego, CA)
- Gay and Lesbian Insurance Brokers
Samples in periodicals archive:
When we first formed the Grupo de Lesbianas Feministas (GALF, Lesbian Feminist Group) with the idea of working with, for and in the name of other lesbians, we had to search for each other like needles in a haystack.