Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy (BPH), or enlargement of the prostate, is caused by an over-production of the growth-stimulating hormone DHT, which is found in testosterone.
What does GSH stand for?
GSH stands for Growth-Stimulating Hormone
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GSH
We have 66 other meanings of GSH in our Acronym Attic
- Glutathione Peroxidase
- Good Samaritan Hospital
- Good Sense of Humour
- Good Shepherd Hospice
- Goshen, Indiana (Airport Code)
- Grand Slam Home Run (baseball)
- Great Sand Hills (Canada)
- Greedy Style Heuristic
- Green Street Hooligans (movie)
- Guided Self Healing (alternative therapy)
- Gunstar Super Heroes (gaming)
- Genealogical Society of Hispanic America
- Geographical Service of Hellenic Army
- Georgia Speech-Language and Hearing Association
- Gloucester School Hohne Association (UK)
- Gomer School Historical Association (Suisun Valley, CA)
- Good Samaritan Hospital Association (Rugby, ND)
- Graduate Students History Association (Northern Arizona University)
- Graduate Students of Humanities Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
ODA appears to function as a growth-stimulating hormone and may lead to more efficient mushroom cultivation or to enhanced production of valuable fungal products.
They can prescribe potentially harmful growth-stimulating hormones to women they suspect will deliver prematurely or, after a baby is born early, place the infant in a humidified incubator and slather its skin with Vaseline.
children whose pituitary glands do not produce enough of the growth-stimulating hormone.
the nation's largest supplier of natural beef -- fresh meats that come from animals raised from birth without the use of growth-stimulating hormones or antibiotics, and on foods that are tested free of pesticide residues -- goes beyond the USDA standards, making food safety and purity the cornerstone of its business for 15 years.