Consequently, when I go to conferences given by the Group for Early Modern Cultural Studies and listen to fascinating, nearly unintelligible papers, I catch myself wondering if the speakers are better than I at c arrying their work into the classroom.
What does GEMCS stand for?
GEMCS stands for Group for Early Modern Cultural Studies (conference)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- George Elkins Mortgage Banking (Los Angeles, CA)
- Global Executive MBA (degree program offered by Duke University's Fuqua School of Business)
- Gloucestershire Ethnic Minority Business Association (UK)
- Georgia Electric Membership Corporation
- Gibbs Ensemble Monte Carlo
- Global Educational Marketing Corporation (financial services; Canada)
- Global Enterprise Management Center (various locations)
- Graduate Enrollment Management Center (Syracuse University; Syracuse, NY)
- Groote Eylandt Mining Company (Australia)
- Global Electronic Marketing Conference
- Gibbs-Ensemble Molecular Dynamics
- Ground Electronics Maintenance Department (USMC)
- Guild of Emerging Metalsmiths and Designers (Winthrop University; Rock Hill, SC)
- Government Electronic Messaging and Document Exchange Service
- Groupement d'Intérêt Scientifique pour l'Etude de la Mondialisation et du Développement (French: Scientific Interest Group for the Study of Globalization and Development; est. 1983)
- Generic Environment Model Distributed Simulation
- General Embedded Machine Engine
- Geo-Environmental Mine Engineering (University of Wollongong; Australia)
- Global Evangelistic Missionary Enterprises (Loganville, GA)
- Grazer Eisenbahner Modell Eisenbahn Club (German: Grazer Model Railroad Club Railwaymen)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Earlier versions of this essay were presented at the Central New York Conference on Language and Literature SUNY Cortland, October 1997, and The Group for Early Modern Cultural Studies Conference, Pittsburgh, PA, September 1996.