The membership is comprised of all authorized property and casualty insurers writing workers' compensation, group self-insurance funds, commercial self-insurance funds, and assessable mutual insurers.
What does GSI stand for?
GSI stands for Group Self-Insurance
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of GSI
We have 289 other meanings of GSI in our Acronym Attic
- Graham Studios Inc (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
- Graphic Systems, Inc. (various locations)
- Greater Spokane Incorporated (Chamber of Commerce and Economic Development Council; Spokane, WA)
- Green Storage Initiative (Storage Networking Industry Association)
- Green Stormwater Infrastructure (various locations)
- Grid Security Infrastructure (software)
- Grid Security Interface
- Gross Scheduled Income
- Gross Sexual Imposition
- Ground Safety Instruction
- Guest Satisfaction Index (hotel industry)
- Guest Service Interaction
- Guest Services, Inc. (Fairfax, VA)
- Gulf States Initiatives
- Griffonia Simplicifolia I Isolectin B4
- Gesellschaft Schweizerischer Industrie Apotheker (Swiss Society of Industrial Pharmacists)
- Gloucestershire Society for Industrial Archaeology (UK)
- Goa State Industries Association (India)
- Graduate School of Industrial Administration
- Greater Springfield Interfaith Association (Springfield, IL)
Samples in periodicals archive:
While much has been recently publicized about the failings and shortfalls of group self-insured trusts in the workers' compensation markets of Kentucky, Florida, and Illinois, one story has not yet been highlighted: the New York success story of a responsible approach to group self-insurance regulation.
Not surprisingly, states that allow for group self-insurance seem to have a 4 percent lower frequency and a 5 1/2 percent lower severity than states that do not allow group self-insurance.
Two of the biggest myths are that group self-insurance exposes participants to an unquantifiable assessment, and that participants could be open to joint-and-several liability.