1) * Includes: Klebsiella oxytoca (10 isolates), Klebsiella pneumoniae (10), group A beta-hemolytic streptococci (9), Hemophilus influenzae (9), Proteus mirabilis (8), Citrobacter kooseri (6), Neisseria species (5), Candida albicans (4), Serratia species (4), group G beta-hemolytic streptococci (3), Burkholderia gladioli (2), Enterobacter gergoviae (2), Escherichia colt (2), Proteus vulgaris (2), Acinetobacter baumannii (1), Arcanobacterium hemolyticum (1), Citrobacter freundii (1), Enterococcus faecalis (1), Moraxella species (1), Morganella morganii (1), Pseudomonas putida (1), and Stenotrophomonas maltophilia (1).
What does GABS stand for?
GABS stands for Group A Beta-Hemolytic Streptococci (throat infection)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GABS
We have 5 other meanings of GABS in our Acronym Attic
- Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid Receptor, Beta-1
- Georgia Avenue Business Resource Center (DC Chamber of Commerce; Washington, DC)
- Gateway and Bridge to Europe's National Libraries
- General Assembly Binding Women for Reforms, Integrity, Equality, Leadership and Action
- Gait and Balance Scale
- Global Alliance for Building Sustainability
- Global Alliance of Burmese Students
- Golden Arrow Bus Services (South Africa)
- Great American Bake Sale
- Great Australasian Beer SpecTAPular (festival)
- Group A Beta-Hemolytic Streptococcal
- Great Artesian Basin Sustainability Initiative (Australia)
- Georgia Association of Black State Universities
- Great Australian Bight Trawl Fishery
- Goat Anti-Bovine Thymocyte Serum
- Georgia Association of Black Women Attorneys
- Grants Advisory Board for Youth (philanthropy organization; Sacramento, CA)
- Galvanized Aircraft Cable
- Galveston Arts Center (Galveston, TX)
- Galway Arts Centre (Galway, Ireland)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Throat cultures were positive in three patients; two adults grew group A beta-hemolytic streptococci, and one grew Hemophilus parainfluenzae.