Ross and Pedro Ciriaco grounded into double plays, and the Sox have hit into at least one in six straight games.
What does GDIP stand for?
GDIP stands for Grounded into Double Play (baseball)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of GDIP
We have 2 other meanings of GDIP in our Acronym Attic
- Graduate Diploma in Information and Knowledge Management
- GBI Development Integration Laboratory
- Generalized Diatomics-In-Molecules
- Glass Door Ice Merchandiser (freezer)
- God Damn It's Monday
- Gender and Disaster Network (UK)
- Global Disaster Information Network
- General Defense Intelligence Program
- General Directorate for Servicing Foreign Representative Offices (Kyiv, Ukraine)
- Graduate Diploma
- General Defense Intelligence Proposed Program (US DoD)
- General Design and Interface Requirement (engineering)
- Graduate Diploma in International Relations (Dublin City University; Dublin, Ireland)
- General Dynamics Information Systems
- Green Dot Internet Services PTE Ltd. (Singapore)
- Grid Data Integration System (computer architecture)
- Guam Data Interface System
- Graduate Diploma in Information Systems Management
- Gender Development and Information Society Policies
- Graduate Diploma of Information Systems Professional (degree; Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Eddie Murray's sacrifice fly cut the deficit to one, but Justin Uribe grounded into double play to end the game.
Hot and cold Julio Lugo and Alex Cora grounded into double plays, and Boston batters have bounced into double plays in eight straight games.
Boston batters had grounded into double plays in four straight games, totaling five GDPs in that span and Sox fielders had committed errors in four straight games, having been charged with six during the streak.
Kevin Cash and Julio Lugo also grounded into double plays.