The UK's Park Air Systems has announced the award of a contract from the UAE's General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA) to supply its nationwide ground-to-air communications system that connects pilots with air traffic controllers.
What does G/A stand for?
G/A stands for Ground-to-Air
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of G/A
We have 104 other meanings of G/A in our Acronym Attic
- Gemeinnützige Ambulanz und Rettungsdienst Gmbh (medical transport company; Hamburg, Germany)
- Global.automatically Switched Transport Network (ITU-T)
- Grid Optical User Network Interface
- Greatest Poet Alive
- Global.standard High-Bit-Rate Digital Subscriber Line (ITU-T)
- Symmetric High-speed Digital Subscriber Line
- Gulfcoast Wonder & Imagination Zone (Sarasota, FL)
- Gate/Array (NEC)
- General and Administrative (expenses)
- Globulin/Albumin Ratio (food chemistry)
Samples in periodicals archive:
An raf Hercules which crashed in Iraq in January killing 10 service personnel was hit by ground-to-air fire, Defence Secretary John Reid announced yesterday.
government sources, said the plane -- a Tupolev 154 on a flight from Tel Aviv to the Siberian city of Novosibirska -- could have been hit mistakenly by a ground-to-air missile fired during an Ukrainian military exercise.
The group was also shown a declassified version of an F-22 flight simulator and was run through three battle simulations - an air-to-air combat with four Russian-built fighters, a bombing run, and a battle against an integrated air defense system featuring enemy fighters and ground-to-air missiles.