The Ground Combat Vehicle is the Army's program to replace Bradleys attached to its brigade combat teams.
What does GCV stand for?
GCV stands for Ground Combat Vehicle (US Army)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of GCV
We have 44 other meanings of GCV in our Acronym Attic
- Generalized Cross Validation
- Gewone Commanditaire Vennootschap (Dutch)
- Global Causality Violation (quantum physics)
- Global Configuration Variable
- Going Concern Value (finance)
- Gonsenheimer Carneval-Verein
- Great Cardiac Vein
- Greater Checkerboard Vault (gaming)
- Gross Caloric Value
- Gross Calorific Value
- Gym Club Védasien (French gym club)
- Garden Club of Virginia (est. 1920; Richmond, VA)
- Gas Cost Variance Account (regulatory rates; Canada)
- Gold Country Visitors Association (California; est. 1996)
- Granada Centre for Visual Anthropology (University of Manchester; UK)
- Greater Cincinnati Venture Association (Ohio)
- Greater Cincinnati Videographers Association (Cincinnati, OH)
- Galveston Convention and Visitors Bureau (Texas)
- Georgetown County Visitors Bureau (South Carolina)
- Gettysburg Convention & Visitors Bureau (Pennsylvania)
Samples in periodicals archive:
But in 2009, DOD canceled the program and instead laid out plans for development of a ground combat vehicle (GCV) program, multiple increments of brigade modernization, and a tactical network.
General Casey said that this reconstitution includes not only repairing the current equipment set but also building for the future by fielding the new ground combat vehicle in 7 years.
In 2010, the Army matured the requirements for a new Ground Combat Vehicle to replace the Bradley Infantry Fighting Vehicle.
Army has commenced field testing and evaluation of two additional unmanned hybrid electric ground combat vehicles powered by the company's propulsion systems and generators.