Correspondingly, your gross profit percentage is your gross profit divided by your sales.
What does GP% stand for?
GP% stands for Gross Profit Percentage
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
- Gusset Plates (steel trusses)
- Poorly Graded Gravels
- General Purpose Bomb (weapon)
- Group Captain
- General Purpose Conferencing Subsystem
- Group Flashing (navigation)
- General-Purpose MIMD Machines
- General-Purpose MIMD Machines II
- Group Occulting (navigation)
- Global Positioning and Communications
- Guided Projectile (Semi-Active Laser and Infrared)
- Gravity Probe - B (experiment)
- Guinea Pig Myelin Basic Protein
- Poorly Graded Gravel With Silty Fines
- Gel Permeation-High Performance Liquid Chromatography
- Survival, General Purpose, Improved (combat ration)
- Gaussian Process-Latent Variable Model (probability)
- General Primer Polymerase Chain Reaction
- Globus Pallidus and Substantia Innominata Area
Samples in periodicals archive:
Selling Installment Gross Price Sale Basis Profit Land $42,000 $17,100 $24,900 Building 48,000 38,400 9,600 Goodwill 18,500 925 17,575 Total $108,500 $56,425 $52,075 The gross profit percentage (gross profit -h contract price) for the installment sale is 48 percent ($52,075/$108,500).
In comparison to the fourth quarter of 2006, the increase in gross profit percentage reflects operating efficiency improvements.
The company says the furniture and cabinet segment's gross profit percentage increased, while the electronic contract assemblies segment's gross profit percentage decreased from the prior year.
a discount not in excess of the gross profit percentage (GPP) at which property is offered for sale to customers).
A gross profit percentage is important with a restaurant.
A gross profit percentage is applied to sales to obtain cost of goods sold.