A total of 13 breeds are competing at the show for the first time this year - the Basset Bleu de Gascogne, Bavarian Mountain Dog, Beauceron, Bergamasco, Catalan Sheepdog, Cirneco Dell'Etna, Eurasier, Greater Swiss Mountain Dog, Korean Jindo, Lagotto Romagnolo, Mexican Hairless, Slovakian Rough-Haired Pointer and the Swedish Lapphund.
What does GSM stand for?
GSM stands for Greater Swiss Mountain (dogs)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GSM
We have 247 other meanings of GSM in our Acronym Attic
- GPRS (General Packet Radio Service) Session Management (telecommunications)
- Grace Student Ministries (various locations)
- Graduate School of Management
- Gram per Squared Metre
- Grams per Square Meter (paper weight)
- Granite State Management (Concord, NH)
- Graphic Screen Manager (Megasys)
- Graphic Size Modification (ITU-T)
- Great Scots Magazine (bi-monthly magazine for Scottish terrier lovers)
- Great Scott Marty (Back to the Future movie)
Samples in periodicals archive:
One theory claims the ancestors of the breed were the dogs used by the Roman legions to drove and guard their livestock as they crossed the Alps, which may mean they are connected to the Greater Swiss mountain dogs and entelbuchers which are also descended from Roman dogs.