Proceeds from the April 20 Zombie Walk & Pub Crawl directly benefit the Louisiana SPCA and the Jefferson Parish SPCA, an effort to combat the high rate of homeless animals in the greater New Orleans area.
What does GNO stand for?
GNO stands for Greater New Orleans
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GNO
We have 18 other meanings of GNO in our Acronym Attic
- Guyana National Newspapers Limited
- Green Net National Product
- Guru Nanak Nishkam Sewak Jatha (UK)
- Global Network for Neglected Tropical Disease Control (Sabin Vaccine Institute)
- Gay Night Out
- Geminal Natural Orbital
- Girl's Night Out
- Global Network Operations
- Gratis Netwerken en Ontspannen (Dutch business networking organization)
- Gravity-Neutral Orthosis
- Greek National Opera (est. 1940)
- Guide Number (photography, illumination of the flash)
- Guys Night Out
- Greater New Orleans Archivists
- Greater New Orleans Barge Fleeting Association (Louisiana; river industry organization)
- Get Naked on Cam
- Global Network Operations Center
- Government Network Operations Center
- Guam National Olympic Committee (Barrigada, Guam)
- Greater New Orleans Corvette Club (Louisiana)
Samples in periodicals archive:
GAO-10-773R June 30, 2010 More than 4 years after Hurricane Katrina made landfall, the greater New Orleans area continues to face challenges restoring health care services disrupted by the storm and flooding that followed.
Then in April, the Jewish Federation of Greater New Orleans hosted a group of teens, college students, and adults from California who pitched in with relief efforts.
Serving his community for more than 20 years as mentor, tutor, counselor and role model for inner-city youth, Vassel's efforts include the founding of 100 Black Men of Metro New Orleans and participation in Tulane University's For the Children Reading Program, Junior Achievement of Greater New Orleans, United Way of Greater New Orleans, and Louisiana Economic Development Corporation (for which he currently is chairman of the board).
Miller Brands of Greater New Orleans had been a division of the Pepsi-Cola/Seven-Up Beverage Group of Louisiana, a joint venture between PepsiAmericas and Crescent's owner.
It's really the culture that lures people here in droves," says Caletha Powell, executive director of the Greater New Orleans Black Tourism Network.