Under the Greater Arab Free Trade Area agreement signed by Lebanon, the country is obliged to grant Syrian and other Arab produce and goods free access to its market.
What does GAFTA stand for?
GAFTA stands for Greater Arab Free Trade Area
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of GAFTA
- Goods Available for Sale (retail)
- Great American Financial Services (Tacoma, WA)
- Greek-American Folklore Society (Astoria, NY)
- Great American Ford Sales Event (Ford Motor Company)
- Group Action for Social Order (Sammanthurai, Sri Lanka)
- Global Agriculture and Food Security Program (various locations)
- Ghana Association of French Teachers (est. 1958)
- Greater Apostolic Faith Temple, Inc. (San Diego, CA)
- Grain And Feed Trade Association
- Greater Arab Free Trade Agreement
- German Air Force Tactical Air Command
- German Armed Forces Technical Advisory Group (multinational training team)
- Global Alliance for Truth in Reporting
- Global Alliance for Fair Textile Trade
- Global Alliance for Fair Trade in Textiles
- General Atomics, Fusion User Service Center
- Generic Address Generator
- Get A Grip
- Get A Grip (Aerosmith album)
- Global Atlantic Group Ltd (New York, NY)
Samples in periodicals archive:
As for the economic and social files, the summit will discuss what is relating to the integrated projects, the executive programme for the Greater Arab Free Trade Area (GAFTA), combating poverty and illiteracy among woman, as well as setting up a strategy for enabling woman and developing an Arab mechanism to fund the agricultural development and food security, besides promoting the Arab-International relations.
Saeed Al Awadi, CEO of Dubai Exports, said that TradeUAE Iraq comes in line with the aims of Greater Arab Free Trade Area (GAFTA) to promote trade among Arab countries by opening new markets and creating more business opportunities.
Arab states have made some progress on economic integration in various formations, whether it be the Greater Arab Free Trade Area or the Council of Arab Economic Unity.
Aaand to GAFTA National exports to countries of the Greater Arab Free Trade Area (GAFTA) in the first 4 months of this year accounted for half of the Kingdom's exports which stood at JD1.
Syria witnessed economic openness to the Arab world through signing a number of trade agreements, forming joint committees with a number of countries to develop bilateral relations and establishing the Greater Arab Free Trade Area.
Pennsylvania) begins by outlining the contours and architecture of the bilateral and multilateral agreements that Syria has entered into since the middle and late 1990s--particularly the Greater Arab Free Trade Area and the Euro-Mediterranean Partnership--along with the policy shifts generated by ascension to these trading regimes.
Also on top of the agenda is the implementation of the Greater Arab Free Trade Area (GAFTA) and the Arab customs union as well as other initiatives aiming to facilitate and increase the volume of the bilateral trade among the Arab countries, " Al-Assadi pointed out.