ASIF IQBAL DOHA TASDEER, the export development agency of Qatar Development Bank, has plans to conduct country market surveys in certain target markets in the Greater Arab Free Trade Agreement (GAFTA) area which would provide attractive export opportunities to the Qatari exporters across various product categories, a top official of the agency has said.
What does GAFTA stand for?
GAFTA stands for Greater Arab Free Trade Agreement
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of GAFTA
- Global Assessment of Functioning Scale (psychiatry)
- Goods Available for Sale (retail)
- Great American Financial Services (Tacoma, WA)
- Greek-American Folklore Society (Astoria, NY)
- Great American Ford Sales Event (Ford Motor Company)
- Group Action for Social Order (Sammanthurai, Sri Lanka)
- Global Agriculture and Food Security Program (various locations)
- Ghana Association of French Teachers (est. 1958)
- Greater Apostolic Faith Temple, Inc. (San Diego, CA)
- Grain And Feed Trade Association
- Greater Arab Free Trade Area
- German Air Force Tactical Air Command
- German Armed Forces Technical Advisory Group (multinational training team)
- Global Alliance for Truth in Reporting
- Global Alliance for Fair Textile Trade
- Global Alliance for Fair Trade in Textiles
- General Atomics, Fusion User Service Center
- Generic Address Generator
- Get A Grip
- Get A Grip (Aerosmith album)
Samples in periodicals archive:
When asked if extending the aluminum tariff today would violate the Greater Arab Free Trade Agreement and other trade agreements signed by Lebanon, the minister argued that the taxes would not constitute an infringement and dismissed the possibility of retaliatory measures.
It is also worth noting that six African countries are members of the Greater Arab Free Trade Agreement (GAFTA) while a further four are associate members.
As a part of the GCC, three FTAs have been signed which are the Greater Arab Free Trade Agreement (GAFTA) which includes 18 Arab countries and four associate members from the Organisation of Islamic Countries, the GCC and Singapore Free Trade Agreement (GSFTA), and the GCC and European Free Trade Association Free Trade Agreement (GG-EFTA FTA) which includes Iceland, Norway, Switzerland, and Liechtenstein.
The Greater Arab Free Trade Agreement has 18 countries of the region loosely agreeing at this stage to create their own market of nearly 350 million people.
Free Trade Agreement (JUSFTA), EU Association Agreement, the Greater Arab Free Trade Agreement (GAFTA) and bilateral FTAs, as well as to identify key trade-related policy advocacy issues, int@j and the USAID-funded SABEQ Program are collaborating on several fronts.
Jordan's major trading partners were member countries of the Greater Arab Free Trade Agreement, the North American Free Trade Agreement, non Arab Asian countries as well as European nations including Italy.
Products manufactured within ZonesCorp's economic zones enjoy duty-free access to the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries and signatory countries to the Greater Arab Free Trade Agreement (GAFTA).