The legendary prog-rock power trio from the Great White North is also making the rounds with a sci-fi concept album, "Clockwork Angels," following the exploits of a young man's quests to follow his dreams across a lavish world of steampunk and alchemy.
What does GWN stand for?
GWN stands for Great White North
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of GWN
We have 16 other meanings of GWN in our Acronym Attic
- Ground Water Monitoring System
- Garfield Weston Merit Scholarship for Colleges (Canada)
- George Washington Masonic Stamp Club (Virginia)
- Generalized Whitney-Mann-Wilcoxen
- Grampians Wimmera Mallee Water (Australia)
- Gaussian White Noise
- Gentoo Weekly Newsletter (operating system project)
- Ghost Webz Network (Internet development)
- Girls Write Now (New York, NY)
- Golden West Network (TV station; Australia)
- Guadalupe/Washington Neighborhood Association (San Jose, CA)
- Gilbert Williams NoteCards
- Greater Wilshire Neighborhood Council (California)
- George Washington National Forest (Virginia)
- Great Wild Northern League
- Great White North Paintball (Canada)
- Great White North Productions (Canada)
- Greater Washington National Parks Fund (National Park Foundation; Washington, DC)
- Glyn Ward North Residents' Association (UK)
- Girls with No Romantic Experience Whatsoever
Samples in periodicals archive:
There has been a strong demand from Canadian Four Loko fans to bring our products to the Great White North," said Steve de Luca, vice president, international development.
Byline: Reuters VANCOUVER: Canada s ambitious goal is to top the medals table at the Vancouver Winter Olympics but it will be a hollow achievement to much of the Great White North unless the men s ice hockey gold is among the final tally.
But you will need a guide because the Great White North has much to offer.
Canadian restrictions on gun ownership are notorious, but even up in the great white north, there are successful cases of self-defense.