The alpha storage pool disorder 8-SPD leads to gray platelet syndrome (GPS) with large (mean 13 fL) platelets devoid of alpha granules, giving them a ghostly gray color on the peripheral smear.
What does GPS stand for?
GPS stands for Gray Platelet Syndrome
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GPS
We have 427 other meanings of GPS in our Acronym Attic
- Government Primary School
- Government Printing Service (Australia)
- Graduate Professional Studies (various schools)
- Grams Per Second
- Grand Parent Stock (livestock breeding)
- Grandville Public Schools (Grandville, MI)
- Grange Primary School (UK)
- Grants Policy Statement (US DHHS)
- Graphical Performance Series
- Graphical Programming Software
- Great Performance Series (Hope College; Holland, MI)
- Great Plains Software
- Great Public Schools
- Green Power Switch (renewable energy program)
- Greenbrier Paranormal Society (Rainelle, WV)
- Greenridge Primary School (Singapore)
- Greenwich Public School (various locations)
- Greenwood Primary School (Singapore)
- Griffiths Primary School (Singapore)
- Gross Pay Statement
Samples in periodicals archive:
The differential diagnosis of inherited giant platelet disorder with minimal to absent bleeding symptoms includes heterozygous BSS and MYH9 disorders, gray platelet syndrome, and HPS.
94) The Gray platelet syndrome is an autosomal dominant [alpha]-SPD characterized by mild bleeding symptoms, reticulin fibrosis of the bone marrow, variable thrombocytopenia, and large (mean, 13 fL), gray-appearing platelets on the peripheral blood smear due to decreased alpha granules.