Their charitable donation policy is very much a grass roots effort.
What does GRE stand for?
GRE stands for Grass Roots Effort
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of GRE
We have 92 other meanings of GRE in our Acronym Attic
- Glycopeptide-Resistant Enterococci
- Government Related Entity (various locations)
- Government Reporting Entity
- Gradient Echo (magnetic resonance)
- Graduate Record Examination
- Graduated Rate Estate (legal)
- Graphics Engine
- Graphics Rendering Engine (software)
- Graphite Epoxy
- Greco Research Engineering Company, Inc.
- Gross Revenue Exclusion (Alaska oil production tax)
- Ground Reconnaissance Equipment
- Ground Replay Equipment (aviation)
- Ground Runup Enclosure
- Groupe de Redéploiement Economique (Liège, Belgium)
- GTK+ Runtime Environment
- Guardian Royal Exchange (insurance)
- Guardrail Enhancements
Samples in periodicals archive:
Last year, the Detroit Regional Chamber and the Detroit Regional Economic Partnership, along with more than 40 public relations champions, began a grass roots effort to include the Digital Drive moniker in all our materials to let the world know that the Detroit Region is a high-tech hub.
The committee also included a congressional district representative to "develop core groups with close relationships to each Senator or Representative [and organize a] grass roots effort in every Congressional district.