The phonological coding of speech sounds is built in and automatic, but the grapheme-to-phoneme translation must be learned through reading instruction.
What does G2P stand for?
G2P stands for Grapheme-to-Phoneme (phonetic writing)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of G2P
We have 9 other meanings of G2P in our Acronym Attic
- Gaussian-2 Method (organic chemistry)
- Güney2M (food supplier; Turkey)
- Giga-to-Nanoelectronics (University of Waterloo; Canada)
- Government to Non-Profit (interaction between government and NGOs)
- Gross to Net
- Got to Pee
- Government-to-Public (various initiatives)
- Guide to Property (real estate portal)
- Games to Remember (Georgia)
- Genesis to Revelation
- Got to Run
- Guaranteed to Run (Dell computers; online user training)
- Gate2Shop (various locations)
- General to Specific
- Géophysique de Surface et de Subsurface (French: Geophysical Surface and Subsurface)
- Going to Sleep
- Good Two Sides (plywood grade)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Automatic lexical stress assignment and automatic grapheme-to-phoneme conversion rules have been used to process the latter.