announced today that data from studies of two investigational Granulocyte Colony Stimulating Factor (G-CSF) compounds in breast cancer patients receiving myelosuppressive chemotherapy will be presented at the 47th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) in Chicago, June 3-7, 2011.
What does G-CSF stand for?
G-CSF stands for Granulocyte Colony Stimulating Factor
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 17 other meanings of G-CSF in our Acronym Attic
- Golf-Bravo Oscar Alpha Alpha (aviation; UK)
- Greens, Beans, Onions, Mushrooms, Berries, Seeds (nutrition)
- Commandant of the Coast Guard
- Ground Alert Close Air Support
- Georgia Council of Administrators of Special Education (Savannah, GA)
- Chief of Staff of the Coast Guard
- Global Clinical Data Repository
- Glycosylated Variant of Chicken Growth Hormone
- Gateway Call Server
- Vice Commandant of the Coast Guard
- Day the Ground War Began
- World Wide Garden Railway Run Day
- Guitar Digital Entertainment Center (also seen as GDEC; Fender)
- Generalized Distributed Multi-Layer Scheduler
- Geometric Dilution of Precision
- German Diagnosis Related Groups
- Good-Faith Initiative for Veterans Employment (US DOL)
- Gradient General Purpose Rocket Furnace (US NASA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In a series of experiments in mice undergoing lung transplants, the researchers found that in response to acute stress in the lung, a cytokine called granulocyte colony stimulating factor (G-CSF) accumulates in the blood, which in turn stimulates the production of neutrophils in the bone marrow.
Next, all patients will receive granulocyte colony stimulating factor to mobilize the hematopoietic (blood forming) CD34+ cells from their bone marrow to their blood stream.
TSX: DDD; OTC BB: DRUG), Vancouver, has entered into an agreement with Suzhou Zhongkai Bio-Pharmaceuticals Company Limited ("Zhongkai") to in-license the exclusive right to commercialize its Recombinant Human Granulocyte Colony Stimulating Factor ("rhG- CSF") product worldwide, excluding the People's Republic of China.
The drug, a bioengineered form of a natural protein called granulocyte colony stimulating factor, is already used by people who've donated marrow to others and by cancer patients.
The picture is changing today and biotechnology feeds innovative ideas to the pharmaceutical industry to produce products such as recombinant human insulin, growth hormone, monoclonal antibodies, granulocyte colony stimulating factors, erythropoeitin and interferon vaccines.