Contract award: reactivation of granular activated carbon (ref.
What does GAC stand for?
GAC stands for Granular Activated Carbon
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GAC
We have 326 other meanings of GAC in our Acronym Attic
- Government Affairs Conference
- Government and Anti-Corruption (Diagnostics Tools)
- Governmental Affairs Committee
- Governor's Advisory Council
- Graduate Academic Certificate
- Graduate Admission Committee
- Graduate Affairs Committee
- Grammar Applicative and Cognitive (model)
- Grangeville Air Center (Us Forest Service Smokejumper Base in Northern Idaho)
- Grants and Contracts
Samples in periodicals archive:
Granular activated carbon products, and more importantly, specialty grades, will erode the dominance of powdered material.
The filtration system will use granular activated carbon, used in many home water purifiers that attach to kitchen faucets.
Under the "right conditions," Calgon Carbon said the BioRemedy Microbes "will degrade MTBE and TBA when seeded on a bed of granular activated carbon.
Improvements included a large granular activated carbon plant to further remove naturally occurring organic content in the raw water supply, as well as new storage and treatment facilities for chemcials.
Made with 60 percent activity commercial-grade granular activated carbon, they are UL-tested and Class 2 approved.