The regulations provide a method for determining the portion of the corpus of a grantor retained annuity trust or grantor retained unitrust that is includible in the grantor's gross estate under Sec.
What does GRUT stand for?
GRUT stands for Grantor Retained Unitrust
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of GRUT in our Acronym Attic
- Global Rural-Urban Mapping Project
- Grown Up Mature Person
- Gross Universal Cash Heist (R. Buckminster Fuller book)
- Gouvernement Royal d'Union Nationale du Kampuchéa (Government of United Kingdom of Kampuchea)
- Grammar Understanding Kernel
- Ground Replacement Untrained (stamped on assignment dispatches)
- Popular Slang for Infantry
- Georgia Rural Urban Summit
- Great Reservoir Uncertainty Study (Norway)
- Granite Reef Underground Storage Project
- Good for Round Tour Ticket (museum pass)
- Globally Routable User Agent URI
- Grundutbildningsutskottet (Swedish: Undergraduate Studies Committee)
- Grupo de Pesquisa Dos Efeitos da Radiação Ultravioleta Sobre O Ecossistema Costeiro E O Homem No Sul do Brasil (Brazilian group researching effects of ultraviolet radiation )
- Gastric Residual Volume
- Gaussian Random Variable
- Gawler Range Volcanics (Australia)
- Gesetzliche Rentenversicherung
- Goods Received Voucher
- Great Rift Valley
Samples in periodicals archive:
The regulations provide the method required to determine the portion of the trust corpus of a grantor retained annuity trust or grantor retained unitrust that is includible in the grantor's gross estate under Sec.
The use of Grantor Retained Income Trusts (GRITs), Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts (GRATs) and Grantor Retained Unitrusts (GRUTs) can be used as effective tools in estate planning for S Corp shareholders.
But these same changes have given birth to the grantor retained annuity trust (GRANT) and the grantor retained unitrust (GRUNT).
Last year, the Service issued proposed regulations on the use of notes and other similar arrangements to satisfy the annuity and unitrust obligations of a GRAT and a grantor retained unitrust (GRUT).
CHAPTER 14 Chapter 14, as enacted effective October 9, 1990, follows the Treasury proposals in IRC section 2701 for outright transfers and section 2702 for transfers in trust (with the modifications listed above), substitutes a grantor retained annuity trust (GRAT) and/or grantor retained unitrust (GRUT) for GRITs and provides a personal residence trust exception.
The tax adviser then explores the use of a grantor retained annuity trust (GRAT) or grantor retained unitrust (GRUT), in which Ben would retain a defined income interest for a period of years, with the remainder passing to Elizabeth at the end of that term.
These include the grantor retained annuity trust (GRAT), grantor retained unitrust (GRUT) personal residence trust (PRT) and the qualified personal residence trust (QPRT).