When I came out of physics, back in 1985, I really did believe, naively, that financial modeling could be like physics modeling and that there might be a grand unified theory of interest rates," said Derman.
What does GUT stand for?
GUT stands for Grand Unified Theory
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GUT
We have 19 other meanings of GUT in our Acronym Attic
- Greece United Substitute Teachers Organization
- Guidance Utilizing Stable Timing Oscillator
- Global Utilization of Streptokinase and Tissue Plasminogen Activator for Occluded Coronary Arteries
- Global Use of Strategies To Open Occluded Coronary Arteries
- Gdansk University of Technology (Gdansk, Poland)
- Gemeinschaft Umweltfreundlicher Teppichboden (German eco-friendly carpet company)
- General User Training
- Genitourinary Tract
- God's Undeniable Truths
- Grand Unification Theory (physics)
- Grenada Union of Teachers
- Ghana Union Traders Association (professional organization)
- Glasgow University Trypanozoon Antigen Type (infectious disease study)
- Bacillus subtilis glucitol dehydrogenase (gene)
- Gear Up, Throttle Back
- Guy Under the Bridge
- Guangzhou University of Traditional Chinese Medicine (China)
- Give Up the Ghost (band, previously American Nightmare)
- Get Used To It
- Globally Unique Temporary Identity (wireless technology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It also looks like a very promising lead toward an approach to a grand unified theory, something which Einstein sought.
Rather than propose their own theory, the authors admit that the topic is, so far, too complex to give a grand unified theory of reasons for conflict.
This book presents unique insights into the grand unified theory.
In this book, McAdams sketches out his grand unified theory of "reform governance," explaining what school-board members should and should not do.
McCoy’s essential problem is that he’s trying to conjure up a Grand Unified Theory out of a myriad of disparate factors.
QC6 2004-105835 0-7618-2893-1 Alternative medicine and miracles; a grand unified theory.
Bubble has developed an interest in theoretical physics, and is believed to be on the verge of unveiling his Grand Unified Theory.