OTHERS to have had their honours revoked include: ROBERT MUGABE: The Zimbawean tyrant had his Grand Cross of the Most Honourable Order of the Bath annulled in June 2008 after pre-election violence.
What does GCVO stand for?
GCVO stands for Grand Cross of the (Royal) Victorian Order (knight)
This definition appears frequently
- Green Cross Vaccine Corporation (South Korea)
- Gold Coast Video Camera Club (Australia)
- Great Cardiac Vein Flow
- Gulf Coast Venture Forum (Florida)
- Glen Cove Volunteer Fire Department (New York)
- Guelph Collegiate Vocational Institute (Canada)
- Great Canadian Van Lines Ltd. (Canada)
- Grenoble Chartreuse Vol Libre (French: Grenoble Chartreuse Gliding; Grenoble, France)
- Genesee Country Village and Museum (New York)
- Great Commission Victory Ministries International (Liberian mission)
- Greater Cleveland-Volgograd Oblast Alliance (Ohio)
- Gulf Coast Violent Offender Task Force (US Marshals)
- Global Campaign for Violence Prevention (World Health Organization)
- Great Central Valley Project (photography; California)
- Grammar, Cloze, Vocabulary, Reading
- Greater Cleveland Voter Registration Coalition (Ohio)
- Gedling Community & Voluntary Services (Nottingham, UK)
- General Catalog of Variable Stars
- Glasgow Council for the Voluntary Sector (Scotland, UK)
- Gloucester Centre for Voluntary Services (Gloucester, England, UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In decreasing order of seniority, these are: -Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the British Empire (GBE) or Dame Grand Cross of the Order of the British Empire (GBE) -Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire (KBE) or Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire (DBE) -Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) -Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) -Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) (THROUGH ASIA PULSE)
CYPRIOT Nobel Prize winner Christoforos Pissarides was yesterday awarded with the Grand Cross of the Makarios III Order by the President of the Republic.
Cyprus might be a small country and its honorary excellences might not be internationally known, but it is my country and the honour is extremely important for me, Nobel Prize Winner Christoforos Pissarides said accepting tonight the Grand Cross of the Order of Makarios III, Cyprus' highest award.
The Queen presented Shaikh Khalifa with the Knight Grand Cross of the Most Honourable Order of the Bath, GCB.
She made him an honorary Knight Grand Cross of the Most Honourable Order of the Bath - one of the highest orders of chivalry - after they had a private lunch at Buckingham Palace.
Back in 1994 John Major's government decided that Comrade Bob should become an Honorary Knight Grand Cross of the Most Honourable Order of the Bath.