Calling Anglo-American miner Rio Tinto's bluff, Prime Minister John Key has announced to the company that the government of New Zealand will provide no more than the short-term subsidy offered recently to keep the Tiwai Point aluminium smelter open.
What does GONZ stand for?
GONZ stands for Government of New Zealand
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 1 other meaning of GONZ in our Acronym Attic
- General Office Non-Line of Sight
- Global Organisation of Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- Genetically Optimized Neural Network System
- Gruppo Oncologico Nord Ovest (Italian: Oncology Group North-West)
- Government of the North Pole
- Government of National Unity (Sudan political organization)
- Government Office for the North West (UK)
- Government of North West Frontier Province (Pakistan)
- Railgon Company (Trailer Train Company)
- Gangs of New York (movie)
- Gulf of Oman Naval Zone of Operation
- Gastric Outlet Obstruction
- Gemeenschappelijke Onderwerps-Ontsluiting
- Get Oil Out (California organization opposed to oil drilling in Santa Barbara Channel)
- God of Obelisk (Japanese Yu-Gi-Oh! card)
- Gold Oil PLC (stock symbol)
- Grand Ole Opry (Nashville, TN, USA)
- Great Old Ones
- Guardians of Order
- Gulf Of Oman
Samples in periodicals archive:
Fonterra was formed when the government of New Zealand decided some years ago to discontinue marketing quotas, subsidies and price supports.
But he said the federal government of New Zealand prefers to invest more in tarmac roads which would not be that important because in the next 10 to 15 years, more people will work and shop from home, rendering tarmac roads no longer that useful.
The government of New Zealand recently announced the launch of a formal campaign encouraging "walking" school buses in an effort to reduce the amount of vehicle emissions.