I'm sorry that when I was forming my Government of all the talents I couldn't find him on my speed dial.
What does GOAT stand for?
GOAT stands for Government of All the Talents (Gordon Brown's first administration)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of GOAT
We have 11 other meanings of GOAT in our Acronym Attic
- Gap/Overlap Analysis Tool
- Gathering for Open Agricultural Technology
- Gene Ontology Annotation Tool
- Generalized Occupational Aptitude Test (gaming)
- Get Our Act Together
- Glossary of Acronyms and Terms
- Go Away Troll
- God of All Things
- Goes Over All Terrain (vehicle)
- Gone On A Trip
- Government Owned Alien Territory (Lady Gaga)
- Greatest of All Time (LL Cool J music album)
- Grouped Optimal Aggregation Technique
- Guru Of All Trades
- Greater Ohio Association of Tax Administrators
- Greatest of All Time Athletes
- Greater Ohio Area Tandem Society
- Government Office Accommodation Unit (Australia)
- Government of Azerbaijan
- General Obligation Bond (finance)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This would truly be a government of all the talents with Lib Dem Vince Cable as Chancellor, Tory William Hague at the Foreign Office and Richard Branson leading the House of Lords.
Brown's government of all the talents started off with talk of hiring GMTV's Fiona Phillips.
I am a GOAT, a Government of all the talents, and I came in from the private sector and I'll go back out to it.
Brown's government of all the talents has room for no professional trade unionist.
In fact, the phrase the Prime Minister coined - a Government of all the talents - makes it clear that not all of his ministers would necessarily be Labour supporters.
It's been reported that Gordon Brown tried to recruit GMTV presenter Fiona Phillips to his government of all the talents - she would have been involved in public health campaigns - but she politely declined.
So when he talked of a government of all the talents we now know he really meant all.