Loan defaults are a vital concern to students because defaulting on a government student loan affects one's credit rating, which, in turn, has negative and lasting implications for graduates who would like to obtain a mortgage or credit for other consumer goods.
What does GSL stand for?
GSL stands for Government Student Loan (various locations)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of GSL
We have 138 other meanings of GSL in our Acronym Attic
- General Sales List
- Generalized Smallest Last (Ordering)
- Generalized Substitution Language (formal methods)
- Global Shipping Logistics (New York, NY)
- Global Starcraft League (gaming group)
- Glock Shooting League
- GNU Scientific Library
- Gold Standard Laboratories (record label)
- Good Shepherd Lutheran (various locations)
- Gorilla Sign Language
- Graduate School of Law (various locations)
- Graduate Student Life (various schools)
- Grammar Specification Language (speech and VoiceXML applications)
- Gravelly Sandy Loam
- Great Salt Lake
- Greater Spokane League (sports league)
- Grid Simulation Laboratory
- Ground Surface Level (civil engineering)
- Group Scout Leader
- Guaranteed Stafford Loan
Samples in periodicals archive:
I have two government student loans totalling $50,000 and all interest relief benefits have long since expired.
The survey of 841 new primary and early childhood teachers found 90 percent graduated with at least $20,000 of debt, most of it due to government student loans.
Lance Lochner, NBER and University of Rochester, and Alexander Monge-Naranjo, Northwestern University, "Education and Default Incentives with Government Student Loan Programs" Meyer and Sullivan examine the relative merits of consumption and income measures of the material well being of the poor.
The Government Student Loans scheme, which is steadily replacing grants, is well worth using.
It would also feature deferrals for government student loan payments so long as the fledgling civil servant's salary fell below some limit, says $18,000 per year.