Nigerian Islamist group Boko Haram claims none of its fighters were killed in a raid by government security forces - and all those who died were in fact innocent civilians.
What does GSF stand for?
GSF stands for Government Security Forces (Nigeria)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of GSF
We have 121 other meanings of GSF in our Acronym Attic
- Global Speakers Federation (formerly International Federation for Professional Speakers)
- Global Standard Financial (Alpharetta, GA)
- Global Steel Finance (financial reporting)
- Gnomish Special Forces (gaming guild in World of Warcraft)
- Golden State Foods (Irvine, CA)
- Goldman Sachs Foundation
- Google Service Framework (computing)
- Goonswarm Federation (gaming)
- Gorgas Science Foundation (Brownsville, TX)
- Government Securities Fund (various organizations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A businessman also donated a car to be sold, the resulting proceeds to go towards aiding the families of those killed in Sana'a by government security forces.
Johannesburg/Abuja, Muharram 29, 1433, Dec 24, 2011, SPA -- Clashes between a militant Islamist group and government security forces in two states in north-east Nigeria have killed dozens, dpa quoted local officials as saying on Saturday.
BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: An Iraqi civilian organization, calling itself "Popular Coordination Movement Commission," has charged government security forces with detaining 7 of its activists, who shared in a demonstration in central Baghdad on Friday.
Local sources said at lear one Yemeni protester was killed and others were injured when Yemeni government security forces tried to disperse a demonstration in the south Yemen governorate of Aden.
The Foreign Ministry in Sofia points out that the anti-government protests in Cairo, Suez, Alexandria, Aswan, Mansura, and Sharkia have already and their clashes with police and government security forces have resulted in killed and wounded civilians.