When she became CIO in September 2000, primarily to spearhead the Government On-Line program, she had never worked in IT before.
What does GOL stand for?
GOL stands for Government On-Line (Canada)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
See other definitions of GOL
We have 37 other meanings of GOL in our Acronym Attic
- Genertel Online
- German Ordnance Level (Sea Level)
- Giants of Legend (gaming)
- Giggle Out Loud
- Girls out Late (Jacqueline Wilson book)
- Global Online (Japan ISP)
- Gone on Leave
- Government of Lebanon
- Government of Liberia
- Government Office for London
- Guardians of Light (gaming organization)
- Guffawing Out Loud
- Gallery of Living Artists
- Gemeinsames Online Literatur Archiv
- Global Online Assessment (UK)
- Goli Labin
- Gordonia Lasianthus
- Greater Orlando Limousine Association (Orlando, Florida)
- Greater Orlando Livery Association (Florida)
- Geographical On-Line Analytical Processing
Samples in periodicals archive:
In Canada, the nationwide project for Government On-Line (GOL) is using information technology and electronic service delivery to make access to government faster, more efficient and more convenient.
The collaboration between departments will focus on areas relating to high-speed multi-service transmission backbones and initiatives relating to connecting citizens to the information highway, government on-line, telemedicine and distance learning," stated the Honorable Gilbert Normand, Secretary of State at the time that the document was signed.
ca), referred to as InterGov, is maintained by the Canadian Government On-line (CGOL) intergovernmental project on behalf of the Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, and municipal governments.
In keeping with the theme of "City Connections, City Solutions, City Choices," a major focus of Tech City this year was on communications, with the Internet and the recently unveiled Access Local Government on-line information service prominently featured in the Technology Playground.