We believe the economic, social and environmental issues facing Merseyside today justify the retention of a permanent office in Liverpool after 2010 and should carry the same weight as they have to retain a separate Government Office for London or the South West.
What does GOL stand for?
GOL stands for Government Office for London
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of GOL
We have 37 other meanings of GOL in our Acronym Attic
- General Office Line of Sight (also seen as GOLOS)
- Genertel Online
- German Ordnance Level (Sea Level)
- Giants of Legend (gaming)
- Giggle Out Loud
- Girls out Late (Jacqueline Wilson book)
- Global Online (Japan ISP)
- Gone on Leave
- Government of Lebanon
- Government of Liberia
- Government On-Line (Canada)
- Guardians of Light (gaming organization)
- Guffawing Out Loud
- Gallery of Living Artists
- Gemeinsames Online Literatur Archiv
- Global Online Assessment (UK)
- Goli Labin
- Gordonia Lasianthus
- Greater Orlando Limousine Association (Orlando, Florida)
- Greater Orlando Livery Association (Florida)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In a letter to Bromley Council, the Government Office for London said as a result Blears feels she ought to decide the fate of the application personally.
A source in the Government Office for London, charged with delivering the GLA its HQ, claimed the fiascos in Cardiff and Edinburgh had been avoided by ignoring attempts to interfere from the politicians in the new body.