The rise appears to have been predominantly amongst white, British males, and a number of Government Office Regions - notably Wales, the West Midlands, the East, the South West and Yorkshire - appear to have contributed more significantly more than others.
What does GOR stand for?
GOR stands for Government Office Region
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of GOR
We have 52 other meanings of GOR in our Acronym Attic
- General On-Line Query Station
- Gain Output Ratio
- Gas Oil Ratio
- Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux
- Gelanggang Olahraga (Sports Center, Indonesia)
- General Operating Requirement
- General Operational Requirement
- Genuine Occupational Requirements
- Gonzalez Rivera SA (family groups/corporation)
- Government of Rwanda
- Grants Officer Representative (US DoD)
- Gross Order Receipts
- Gun Operations Room (WWII, earlier name for AAOR)
- Guam Off Road Association
- GCAS (Ground Collision Avoidance System) Operational Requirements And Certification (EU)
- General Officer Review Board
- Guelph Off Road Bicycling Association (Canada)
- Georgian Opinion Research Business International
- Gambrills Odenton Recreation Council (Maryland)
- Gateway Off-Road Cyclists (St Louis, MO)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The trends for government office regions in England, comparing the North with the South, were analysed by the University of Manchester School of Community-based Medicine and Manchester City Council's Joint Health Unit.
When full details of the new ambulance services were published, the new West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Trust was described as covering "the Government office region for the West Midlands" - which includes Staffordshire.
People identify with their cities, towns, boroughs and neighbourhoods, not with government office regions.
London was the only English Government Office Region which saw results lower than Wales in science.