While COTS tools are available to make this easier, no commercial enterprise budgets quite like Uncle Sam so the ultimate solution may be a Government Off-the-Shelf System (GOTS) or a custom built solution.
What does GOTS stand for?
GOTS stands for Government Off-The-Shelf
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of GOTS
We have 6 other meanings of GOTS in our Acronym Attic
- Grant Officer Technical Representative
- Groove on the Roof
- Guardians of the Realm (online gaming)
- Good Ol' Time Racing Association (Nebraska)
- Growth Opportunities Through Rail Access Coalition (Minnesota)
- Gathering of the Role Players Guild
- Game of the Show (gaming expos)
- General Occupational/Technical Studies (academic degree)
- Global Organic Textile Standard (Oregon Tilth; Salem, OR)
- Goal of the Season
- Gross Opportunity To See
- Galactic Organisation of Trade & Tariffs (Kiddy Grade Anime television series)
- Government of Trinidad and Tobago
- Government of the United States
- Gathering of the Vibes (music festival)
- Get Out The Vote (voter registration campaign)
- Game of the Week
- General Officer Terrain Walk
- Get on the Web (UK)
- Get out the Way
Samples in periodicals archive:
These goals will be accomplished by ESC pioneering the evolutionary spiral development process and using commercial off-the-shelf and government off-the-shelf products whenever possible.
DCGS-N was designed to leverage commercial off-the-shelf and mature government off-the-shelf software, tools and standards to provide a scalable, modular and extensible multi-source capability that operates at the general service and Sensitive Compartmented Information security levels.