The Ethisphere Institute, which researches and promotes best practices in business ethics and compliance, published its first annual Government Contractor Ethics Program Rankings in the first-quarter 2008 issue of Ethisphere magazine.
What does GovCon stand for?
GovCon stands for Government Contractor
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
- Government Owned Vehicle
- Gross Observed Volume
- Government Insurance
- Governor's Office of Veterans Affairs (Ohio)
- Glen Oaks Volunteer Ambulance Corps (Glen Oaks, NY)
- Greater Omaha Volkswagen Audi Gruppe
- Greater Ottumwa Vocal Arts Project (Iowa)
- Government Credit Card (travel card)
- Governor General
- Gambia Organisation of the Visually Impaired
- Government-Industry (restricted information)
- Government-Industry Restricted Information
- Gouds Ontwikkelingsvolgsysteem Voor Kleuters (Dutch: Gouda Development Monitoring System for Toddlers)
- Governmental Markup Language
- Government of Viet Nam
- Greater Oakland Visiting Nurse Association
- Government Network (secure/private US network)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Combat Pay With very limited exception, compensation earned by employees of commercial enterprises, government contractors and civilian employees of the Federal government (including civilian employees of the Armed Forces) are not entitled to exclude earnings related to duty in a combat zone from taxable income; see Sec.
The committee is also working with policymakers and regulation writers to ensure that the final pension reform regulations treat government contractors fairly.
Unfortunately, government contractors have to jump through many hoops before they can enjoy the permanent tax savings, available under the extraterritorial income exclusion (ETI) regime or the interest-charge domestic international sales corporation (IC-DISC) regime.