Our office is responsible for operating the city of Worcester's government access channel (cable Channel 12) and providing programming for it.
What does GAC stand for?
GAC stands for Government Access Channel (various locations)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of GAC
We have 326 other meanings of GAC in our Acronym Attic
- Global Atmospheric Chemistry Group
- Global Avalanche Characteristics
- Global Avalanche Criterion
- Gloster Aircraft Company
- Gloucester Arts Council
- Golder Associates Corporation
- Goods At Consolidator
- Goodyear Atomic Corporation
- Gorkha Ayurved Company (Nepal)
- Gospel Assembly Church
- Government Advisory Committee
- Government Affairs Chair (various organizations)
- Government Affairs Committee
- Government Affairs Conference
- Government and Anti-Corruption (Diagnostics Tools)
- Governmental Affairs Committee
- Governor's Advisory Council
- Graduate Academic Certificate
- Graduate Admission Committee
- Graduate Affairs Committee
Samples in periodicals archive:
Americans have grown accustomed to televised legal proceedings through regular exposure to national cable news and local government access channels.
Bailey oversees the city's government access channel, which is operating on a $70,000 annual budget.
Basically, the exchange was this: in return for the monopoly the city was giving to the cable company, the city would ask for monies to pay for public, educational, and government access channels.
Byline: Nick Kotsopoulos COLUMN: CITY HALL NOTEBOOK It has been a pretty busy year for the city's award-winning government access channel (cable Channel 12).