When a container of goods en route to a store is stolen, the store does not have the goods available for sale, the producer must manufacture goods to resupply the store, the shipper loses business, the insurer pays a loss claim and consumers face higher prices to cover the hidden costs.
What does GAFS stand for?
GAFS stands for Goods Available for Sale (retail)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of GAFS
We have 2 other meanings of GAFS in our Acronym Attic
- Georgia Academy of Family Physicians
- Georgia Association for Food Protection
- General Antwerp Feeding Products Association
- GPIO (General Purpose Input/Output) Alternate Function Register (computer programming)
- General Authority for Fish Resources Development
- Governance Arrangements for Research Ethics Committees (UK)
- Great American Financial Resources, Inc.
- Gated Autofluorescence Forward Scatter (pharmacology)
- General Accounting & Finance System
- Global Assessment of Functioning Scale (psychiatry)
- Great American Financial Services (Tacoma, WA)
- Greek-American Folklore Society (Astoria, NY)
- Great American Ford Sales Event (Ford Motor Company)
- Group Action for Social Order (Sammanthurai, Sri Lanka)
- Global Agriculture and Food Security Program (various locations)
- Ghana Association of French Teachers (est. 1958)
- Greater Apostolic Faith Temple, Inc. (San Diego, CA)
- Grain And Feed Trade Association
- Greater Arab Free Trade Agreement
- Greater Arab Free Trade Area
Samples in periodicals archive:
Alternatively, it is the cost of generating an additional unit of goods available for sale, which can either come out of current production or out of (previously) foregone sales.
Though he had declared in his bankruptcy petition that the store had no remaining assets, FBI agents recorded Keser boasting over the phone that he had "plenty of goods available for sale," said FBI Special Agent-in-Charge Charlie Parsons.
This is then subtracted from cost of goods available for sale to find ending inventory.
The cost of goods available for sale must be separated into cost of goods sold and cost of goods not sold.
warehouse maintained by a foreign resident solely to display goods available for sale or to store inventory awaiting shipment to customers.