The live blue crabs were transferred to the laboratory to measure the following variables: carapace length and width, wet body weight, gonadosomatic index (GSI), hepatosomatic index (HSI), and muscle index (MI).
What does GSI stand for?
GSI stands for Gonadosomatic Index
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GSI
We have 289 other meanings of GSI in our Acronym Attic
- Global Subsidies Initiative (International Institute for Sustainable Development)
- Global Surf Industries (Australia)
- Global Sustainability Index (various locations)
- Global System Integrator (various companies)
- Global System Interrupt
- Globecomm Systems International (contractor)
- Goal Systems International (Port Angeles, WA)
- Goddard Safety Initiative
- Goldman Sachs International
- GomTV Star Invitational
- GoodSeed International
- Government Secure Intranet
- Government Source Inspection
- Government Systems Incorporated
- GPETE Support Item
- Graduate Student Instructor
- Graduate Student Intern (various schools)
- Graham Studios Inc (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
- Graphic Systems, Inc. (various locations)
- Greater Spokane Incorporated (Chamber of Commerce and Economic Development Council; Spokane, WA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Gonadosomatic index (GSI) gives the proportion of the ovary weight to the total fish weight.
weight after fat extraction), and fat content [%] for males and females, gonadosomatic index [GSI, %] for males only, and fecundity [number of developing embryo], reproductive allocation [RA, %], embryo dry mass [mg], offspring lean weight [mg], and embryo fat content [%] for females only.
Gonadosomatic index (GSI) was calculated in these fish using the formula GSI = (gonad weight x 100) + (total body weight - gonad weight).
Preliminary results indicate a reduced gonadosomatic index.
The quantity of eggs present in an oyster was estimated using ELISA and was expressed as a gonadosomatic index (GSI).
We thus measured standard length [mm], dry weight [g], lean weight [g], and fat content [%] for males and females, gonadosomatic index [GSI, %] for males only, and fecundity [number of developing offspring], reproductive allocation [RA, %], offspring dry weight [mg], offspring lean weight [mg], and offspring fat content [%] for females only.
The gonadosomatic index decreased with the onset of postparturition in May.