Table 1: Collective North American species studied/managed at individual C2S2 institutions common name scientific name American burying beetle Nicrophorus americanus Attwater's prairie chicken Tympanuchus cupido attwateri black footed ferret Mustela nigripes black-capped vireo Vireo atricapilla California condor Gymnogyps californianus Desert bighorn sheep Ovis canadensis nelsoni desert tortoise Gopherus agassizii Florida panther Puma concolor coryi golden-cheeked warbler Dendroica chrysoparia Guam rail Gallirallus owstoni Hawaiian crow Corvus hawaiiensis Iiwi Vestiaria coccinea Amakihi Hemignathus virens Rota bridled white-eye Zosterops conspicillatus rotensis Mlcronesian kingfisher Todiramphus c.
What does GCWA stand for?
GCWA stands for Golden-Cheeked Warbler (bird species)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GCWA
We have 5 other meanings of GCWA in our Acronym Attic
- Grand Canyon West
- Graphic Communication World
- Great Canadian Wrestling
- Greeting Card Writers (yahoo group)
- Greg & Chrissy Whale (computer repair business; Florida)
- Gross Combination Weight (UK definition)
- Gross Combined Weight (vehicles)
- Groundwater Circulation Well
- Guided Course Work
- Global Coalition on Women and AIDS (Geneva, Switzerland)
- Gulf Coast Water Authority (Texas)
- Gulf Coast Wrestling Alliance (Texas)
- Grand Canyon Wildlands Council, Inc. (Flagstaff, AZ)
- Great Canadian Wiring Company Ltd (Barrie, ON, Canada)
- Greater Chicago Whippet Club
- Gulf Coast Window Covering (Houston, TX)
- General Council of Winnipeg Community Centres (est. 1971; Canada)
- Government of Canada Workplace Charitable Campaign
- Gulf Coast Website Design (Mobile, AL)
- Gulf Coast Workforce Development Initiative (US)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Army began as an effort to protect the golden-cheeked warbler in six central Texas counties.
Concerns about preserving habitat for the endangered golden-cheeked warbler, which has increasingly sought refuge on the installation's land as San Antonio's suburbs swell, have stymied expansion.
Fort Hood, Texas, has one of the highest populations of the endangered golden-cheeked warbler (Dendroica chrysoparia) thanks to habitat management and the control of cowbirds, which parasitize warbler nests.
With species ranging from whitetail, mule deer and antelope to the rare golden-cheeked warbler and black-capped vireo, SWTJC provides students with a rich diversity of wildlife to study.
The golden-cheeked warbler is just holding on," says Butcher.
For instance, as the golden-cheeked warbler was about to be added to the endangered species list, a firm that owned hundreds of acres of warbler habitat hired workers to chainsaw the entire stand of oak and juniper trees, thus preserving its investment by eliminating the birds' habitat.
The Hill Country boasts the only bird that nests exclusively in Texas, the golden-cheeked warbler.