FOR APPRAISERS, BOTH INDIVIDUALLY AND COLLECTIVELY, the issue of how to handle going concern value has been a recurring challenge in their professional lives.
What does GCV stand for?
GCV stands for Going Concern Value (finance)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of GCV
We have 44 other meanings of GCV in our Acronym Attic
- Georgetown County United Way (United Way of America branch; Georgetown County, SC)
- GIAC Certified Unix (security administrator)
- Crystal-Vintage Growth (stock symbol)
- Gas Control Valve (various companies)
- Gene Combination Value
- Generalized Cross Validation
- Gewone Commanditaire Vennootschap (Dutch)
- Global Causality Violation (quantum physics)
- Global Configuration Variable
- Gonsenheimer Carneval-Verein
- Great Cardiac Vein
- Greater Checkerboard Vault (gaming)
- Gross Caloric Value
- Gross Calorific Value
- Ground Combat Vehicle (US Army)
- Gym Club Védasien (French gym club)
- Garden Club of Virginia (est. 1920; Richmond, VA)
- Gas Cost Variance Account (regulatory rates; Canada)
- Gold Country Visitors Association (California; est. 1996)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The concepts of going concern value and liquidation value also can lead to interesting predicaments.
For example, going concern value would take into account scenarios in which a long-tail casualty insurer would be downgraded to a rating that undermined client confidence in its ability to pay claims in the distant future.
Bankruptcy courts aim to realize the highest price for assets being sold, but because the assets are from distressed businesses, they usually sell for considerably less than going concern value.
Amounts paid, however, for goodwill or for a business's going concern value generally are treated as nondeductible capital expenditures.
According to the revisions, section 197 intangibles include covenants to compete, franchises, trademarks, trade names, permits, going concern value, customer lists, market share and workforce in place (the portion of the purchase price that represents the costs to retain a business's highly skilled employees).
197, acquired goodwill and going concern value were not amortizable.