And thus the BBC's once prestigious Goal of the Season prize was judged, juried and executed.
What does GOTS stand for?
GOTS stands for Goal of the Season
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of GOTS
We have 6 other meanings of GOTS in our Acronym Attic
- Girls on the Run (Grassroots experiential learning and running program for 3rd-5th grade girls)
- Grant Officer Technical Representative
- Groove on the Roof
- Guardians of the Realm (online gaming)
- Good Ol' Time Racing Association (Nebraska)
- Growth Opportunities Through Rail Access Coalition (Minnesota)
- Gathering of the Role Players Guild
- Game of the Show (gaming expos)
- General Occupational/Technical Studies (academic degree)
- Global Organic Textile Standard (Oregon Tilth; Salem, OR)
- Government Off-The-Shelf
- Gross Opportunity To See
- Galactic Organisation of Trade & Tariffs (Kiddy Grade Anime television series)
- Government of Trinidad and Tobago
- Government of the United States
- Gathering of the Vibes (music festival)
- Get Out The Vote (voter registration campaign)
- Game of the Week
- General Officer Terrain Walk
- Get on the Web (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Craig Disley's fourth goal of the season to open the scoring had came out of the blue after Bury had bossed the opening half-hour, with only Kevin Miller's brilliant save to deny Dwayne Mattis keeping them on level terms.
Abbott then put the Terriers into the lead with his sixth goal of the season before setting up Chris Brandon for 3-1.
But Small's first goal of the season only inspired the home team to greater heights and it was no surprise when Lee Clark equalised two minutes before halime.