Glucocorticoid-induced insulin resistance in skeletal muscles: defects in insulin signalling and the effects of a selective glycogen synthase kinase-3 inhibitor.
What does GSK-3 stand for?
GSK-3 stands for Glycogen Synthase Kinase-3
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- General Storekeeper (US Navy)
- Generalized Shannon-Khinchin's Axiom
- GlaxoSmithKline plc (pharmaceutical company)
- Glycogen Synthase Kinase
- God Save the King
- Graveyard Shift Killers (Counter Strike clan)
- Greenland Shark (FAO fish species code)
- Gruppentraining Sozialer Kompetenzen (Germany)
- Gursharan Singh Kohli (Ukranian production company)
- Gypsy Stone Kings (band)
- Glycogen Synthase Kinase 3
- Glycogen Synthase Kinase 3 Alpha
- Glycogen Synthase Kinase-3 Beta
- Georgia Sprint Karting Association (Fayetteville, GA)
- Global Strategic Key Account
- Golden State Karate Association (California)
- Girl Scouts of Kennebec Council (South Portland, ME)
- Greater Shelby Kennel Club, Inc. (Cordova, TN)
- Greyhound Support in Kansas City (Kansas City, MO)
- Geneeskundige Stichting Koningin Elisabeth (Dutch: Queen Elizabeth Medical Foundation)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Increased glycogen synthase kinase-3 activity in diabetes- and obesity-prone C57BL/6J mice.
reported that glycogen synthase kinase-3 inhibitors prevent caspase-dependent apoptosis induced by ethanol in cultured rat cortical neurons (Takadera and Ohyashiki 2004).