ARTICLE INFO Keywords: Naringenin Melanogenesis Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase [beta] -Catenin Glycogen synthase kinase 3 [beta] Introduction The colour of mammalian skin and hair is determined by a number of factors, the most obvious phenotypical characteristics of which is the distribution of the melanin pigment.
What does GSK3 stand for?
GSK3 stands for Glycogen Synthase Kinase 3
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Generalized Shannon-Khinchin's Axiom
- GlaxoSmithKline plc (pharmaceutical company)
- Glycogen Synthase Kinase
- God Save the King
- Graveyard Shift Killers (Counter Strike clan)
- Greenland Shark (FAO fish species code)
- Gruppentraining Sozialer Kompetenzen (Germany)
- Gursharan Singh Kohli (Ukranian production company)
- Gypsy Stone Kings (band)
- Glycogen Synthase Kinase-3
- Glycogen Synthase Kinase 3 Alpha
- Glycogen Synthase Kinase-3 Beta
- Georgia Sprint Karting Association (Fayetteville, GA)
- Global Strategic Key Account
- Golden State Karate Association (California)
- Girl Scouts of Kennebec Council (South Portland, ME)
- Greater Shelby Kennel Club, Inc. (Cordova, TN)
- Greyhound Support in Kansas City (Kansas City, MO)
- Geneeskundige Stichting Koningin Elisabeth (Dutch: Queen Elizabeth Medical Foundation)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Now, Li-Huei Tsai, professor of neuroscience at the MIT, and colleagues have shown for the first time that DISC1 directly inhibits the activity of a brain enzyme called glycogen synthase kinase 3 beta, responsible for schizophrenic conditions.
Cyanidin-3-glucoside reverses ethanol-induced inhibition of neurite outgrowth: role of glycogen synthase kinase 3 beta.
Constitutive activation of protein kinase B[alpha] by membrane targeting promotes glucose and system A amino acid transport, protein synthesis, and inactivation of glycogen synthase kinase 3 in L6 muscle cells.