Abbreviations: DEX, dexamethasone: DMEM, Dulbecco's modified Eagle's medium; ELISA, enzyme linked immunosorbent assay; FCS, fetal calf serum; GLUT 4, glucose transporter 4; GS, glycogen synthase; GSK313, glycogen synthase kinase beta; IR 13, insulin receptor beta; IRS1, insulin receptor substrate1; KRBH.
What does GSK stand for?
GSK stands for Glycogen Synthase Kinase
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GSK
We have 31 other meanings of GSK in our Acronym Attic
- Greater Sarasota Junior Golf Association (Venice, FL)
- Greater San Jose Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (California)
- Granite State Judo Institute (Manchester, NH)
- Gateway Student Journalism Society
- Girl Scouts of the Jersey Shore (New Jersey)
- Guelph School of Japanese Sword Arts (Canada)
- Gassner Stockmann Kollegen (law firm; various locations)
- General Storekeeper (US Navy)
- Generalized Shannon-Khinchin's Axiom
- GlaxoSmithKline plc (pharmaceutical company)
- God Save the King
- Graveyard Shift Killers (Counter Strike clan)
- Greenland Shark (FAO fish species code)
- Gruppentraining Sozialer Kompetenzen (Germany)
- Gursharan Singh Kohli (Ukranian production company)
- Glycogen Synthase Kinase-3
- Glycogen Synthase Kinase 3
- Glycogen Synthase Kinase 3 Alpha
- Glycogen Synthase Kinase-3 Beta
- Georgia Sprint Karting Association (Fayetteville, GA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In addition, microcystin-LR activated Akt signaling through the phosphorylation of Akt and glycogen synthase kinase 3[beta].
Now, Li-Huei Tsai, professor of neuroscience at the MIT, and colleagues have shown for the first time that DISC1 directly inhibits the activity of a brain enzyme called glycogen synthase kinase 3 beta, responsible for schizophrenic conditions.
Topics addressed include strategies to modulate cellular energetic metabolism during sepsis, immunostimulation and blockade of apoptosis rational therapeutic strategies, modulating neutrophil apoptosis, HMGB1 as a potential therapeutic agent, poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase activation and circulatory shock, inhibiting glycogen synthase kinase 3[sz] in sepsis, ethyl pyruvate as a novel treatment for sepsis, cytoprotective and anti-inflammatory actions of carbon monoxide in organ injury and sepsis models, the hypothalamic pituitary adrenal axis in sepsis, modulating the endocrine response in sepsis, the neuronal strategy for inflammation, beta-blockade in burns, system interactions, and protecting the permeability pore and mitochondrial biogenesis.
This discovery is a firm foundation on which we will broaden and deepen our novel drug screening capabilities" Glycogen synthase kinase (GSK3) regulates glycogen synthase, the rate-limiting enzyme in glycogen synthesis.
Neurite outgrowth is an early process of neuronal differentiation, which can be regulated by a large number of signals, such as mitogen-activated protein kinase and glycogen synthase kinase pathways (Chen et al.